After spring and summer’s Nineties Style tsunami, a word of fresh innovation blew through the ranks of jewelry designers for Fall/Winter 2016/17. Our president, VP of merchandise and myself went to review the best designs and exciting collections for fall 2016. Here is what we saw:
Cuff bracelets, ear crawlers, layers of thin necklaces were at every corner in NYC. As the Bohemian style continues to dominate fashion jewelry, fine jewelry stays true to its roots with diamonds taking center focus. Rose cuts, blush and golden colors of diamonds decorate famous designers’ rings, necklaces. Worn on leather or velvet cords, black diamond briolee necklaces single and simple diamond pendants make a comeback.
For the young couples looking to tie the knot with a sparkle, cushion cut diamond remains most popular. Oval shaped diamonds are at close competition. Bridal Jewelry designers continue to incorporate rose gold into their designs as flashback of vintage jewelry. Timeless, elegant styles are compass for designers such as Simon G. and Tacori.
Here is your top 5 “must have’s “ :
- 1.Diamond stud earrings – martini cup setting is a Milanj favorite
- 2.Diamond Bracelet – We recommend stackable diamond bangles in rose, white and yellow gold makes fun yet rich statement
- 3.Diamonds By the Yard style short chains – this is great for your diamond pendants or worn by itself
- 4.Stackable eternity bands - Stack a sapphire and ruby-emerald band with a diamond eternity ring.
- 5.Timeless and elegant diamond solitaire pendant - We love Forevermark’s “Center of my Universe” collection.
Finally when you are set with these classic staples, improve and enhance your wardrobe by adding more color or fun choices. Ear crawlers, cuff bangles, lariat or Y necklaces..
See you at Milanj!